Centurion Consulting Group
Agile Project Manager Washington, DC
We are hiring for several Agile PM’s to join the team and take on some of their projects. The team is currently understaffed and we need several Agile PM’s to come in and lead some of the projects that have been put on the back burner. One specific project is an LMS (Learning Management System) implementation.
- Looking for a mid to senior level Project Manager with extensive Agile experience working in various Agile projects, leading SDLC projects, such as implementation, enhancements, and working with third party vendors
- Soft skills and personality are extremely important for this role. They need someone who has a high sense of urgency, is focused on stakeholder needs and is a great team player.
- Need to be comfortable managing several projects at a time ranging in size and scope.
- Provide overall project management coordination and management on projects as assigned.
- Aid in transforming business requirements into functional specifications for systems design, customization, and reporting.
- Work with the project business analyst(s) to insure the creation/revision of the following analysis artifacts and deliverables:
- Process Maps
- Business Requirements
- Business Rules
- Use Cases
- Test Cases
- Ensure development, review and timely distribution of quality project-related documentation to all interested parties, such as project plans and schedules, project charters, communication plans, requirements documents, design documents, deployment plans, test plans, maintenance transition plans, and notifications of project end.
- Facilitate effective meetings with project stakeholders and produce documentation necessary for tracking and follow-up such as meeting minutes, action items, business decisions, and next steps.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. Where required, make recommendations to managers for the acquisition of required resources.
- Effectively manage project resources, including identifying available resources, ensuring assignments are communicated and clearly understood, obtaining estimates to completion and adjusting plans accordingly.
- Hold project meetings internally and externally to ensure proper level of project-related communication, including project kickoff meeting to establish/confirm roles, regularly scheduled project team meetings to track progress, stakeholder meetings to provide status, post-implementation meeting with customers to ensure that project criteria have been fully met, and lessons learned meeting to gather feedback for use in future projects.
- Ensure measures are taken in the project to increase quality and mitigate risk, including risk analyses, impact assessment, needs assessment, requirements signoff, code reviews, test planning and execution, contingency plans, and deployment plans.
- Record project milestones and progress information using agreed upon tool(s) for tracking and disseminating project information.
- Deliver timely and complete project status reports and other project information to project stakeholders and senior management on a regular basis as required and as requested.
- Follow customer SDLC guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Previous experience in application development project management required.
- PMP certification a plus.
• This person needs to be able to work independently on projects; there is not much guidance given upon starting this role and the candidate must be able to make an immediate impact
• This person must know how to use (or be familiar with) Confluence and JIRA
• Have an understanding of Smartsheets software, as the team is moving away from Microsoft Projects
• Be adaptable to a constantly changing environment, especially with technology
• This person must be able to manage other people on a specific project by setting/managing expectations, and delegating as needed
• This person must also how to manage projects with outside vendors and understand the critical needs and risks, as well as making predictions and meeting or foreseeing deadlines.
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors