Centurion Consulting Group
Application Programmer II Lanham, MD
We are hiring a Network Engineer III to serve a multi year technical program in Lanham, MD. In addition to Engineeromg responsibilities as detailed below, this individual will operationally report directly to one or more Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads in collaborating and liaising with the customer counterpart(s) in the delivery IT services. This role provides IT infrastructure engineering, administration, and development of existing hardware, software, network configurations, and new system initiatives. The position is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure of the Dev/Test labs, ensuring proper configuration and availability of Windows-based application servers. The candidate will monitor logs, start/stop services and troubleshoot OS, hardware, and network issues. This includes applying the latest patches and upgrades, and collecting and evaluating metrics to assist in the management of the infrastructure.
In addition to the administrative responsibilities described above, the candidate will assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhance existing applications.
• Manage and monitor local server infrastructure to ensure consistent operation.
• POC for local server, network and desktop repair of infrastructure components.
• This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware and cloud resources.
• Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, defining storage needs, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches.
• This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
• Application development using scripting.
• Management of virtual servers.
• Provide recommendations to enhance or improve to legacy infrastructure implementation and design – and identifying inefficiencies.
• Collaboration with the Development and Test organizations – ensuring the solution meets stated requirements for their applications.
• Work comfortably both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a team toward a common vision or goal.
• Experience with functional and/or technical aspects of enterprise commercial off the shelf software packages and custom development.
• Experience and core knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
• Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges, with experience working effectively within an Engineering department and interfacing with the customer.
• Experience communicating clearly and efficiently to team members and customers, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
• Enterprise Windows, Active Directory and Virtualization experience.
• Enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on servers- designing and implementing system infrastructure upgrades.
• Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN’s, switching, and routing.
• Server administration in a Win 2008 and 2012 domain to include AD, DNS and DHCP.
• Experience in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and capability to work in agile development processes.
• Software languages such as MySQL (Maria) JAVA, JAVA Script, C/C++, Unix/Linux, XML, HTML, Ajax and/or other front-end skills, Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, PBS Pro Workflow, Tomcat, Web Services Development.
Education Requirements: Bachelors with additional 3-5 years relevant of experience
Work Location: Lanham, Maryland
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors