Centurion Consulting Group
Azure Cloud Platform Engineer Gaithersburg, MD
We are hiring an Azure Cloud Platform Engineer in Gaithersburg, MD.
As an Azure Cloud Platform Engineer, you will be a key member of a team that is dedicated to securely and efficiently delivering the tools our clients need to support their efforts towards improving healthcare. You are a highly motivated self-starter with hands-on experience supporting automation of application integration, and delivery, including infrastructure provisioning and automation. Experience with security and compliance automation within the full Azure ecosystem to include Azure Portal, Azure DevOps, Office 365 is desired.
- Bring vision and strategy for future technologies and processes while managing the ongoing application and infrastructure needs within Azure
- Create a strategy for establishing a secure and well-managed enterprise environment in Azure
- Configure and manage Virtual Networks in Azure, establish core services in the VNET
- Develop scripts to automate the deployment of resource stacks and associated configurations using ARM Templates
- Utilize native Azure services to meet the technology and resiliency requirements
- Drive Identity and access and configuration management, and monitoring strategy for Azure
- Establish and implement monitoring and management infrastructure for both availability and performance management
- Integrate Azure management tooling with including automation of spin-up and spin-down
- Design and implement data protection options to protection Azure services using Azure Security Center, Sentinel and Defender
- Integrate security automation for single sign on using SAML, B2C and Azure AD Authentication
- Actively design, develop, and implement DevOps practices, tools, and processes
- Mentor and help grow our teams capabilities in areas of CI/CD, infrastructure automation, and application automation
- Develop and maintain documentation for purposes of computer system validation
- Develop and implement robust Day 2 operations guidelines in areas of site reliability, cost monitoring, auditing, logging, and vulnerability management
- Partner with application owners and developers to manage and resolve emergent issues in reliability from application or infrastructure issue in an expedient manner
- Coordinating with the Project Manager for release schedules
- Coordinate with client to deliver appropriate build package(s) and the support documentation for deployment to the environments at client-side, including production.
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM major or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Azure, Azure DevOps and/or Office 365 Administration
- Experience in leading the design, development, and deployment of end-to-end solutions (including front end website, data repositories, data acquisition, data ingestion, data storage, data management, data visualization, data integration, and data access) using Azure services and platforms.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on working knowledge of Azure Services (such as Virtual Machines, Networking, Load Balancer, Storage, Managed Disks, Functions, API Management, Active Directory, RBAC, ARM Templates, Event Grid, Service Bus, Cosmos DB, and other core Azure technologies)
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines on Azure DevOps for .NET based services and microservices using CI/CD and automation tools and components like Terraform, ARM Templates, Puppet, Jenkins, Selenium, Bit Bucket, TeamCity, Ansible, and Nagios
- Proficient at working in agile software development environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors