Centurion Consulting Group
Build and Release Coordinator REMOTE
Centurion is seeking candidates with information systems skills to be part of a dynamic team. This is a collaborative environment that fosters advanced research, concept exploration, product development and support and interaction with the nation’s leading aviation subject matter experts.
This position is a hands-on role, crucially centered and focused on planning and performing internal and external (remote and onsite at customer locations) software deployments. In most cases, the ideal candidate will both identify the opportunities for process improvements and implement automation to facilitate a completely automated deployment process.
- Responsible for the implementation of new software and hardware releases into the customer operational environments using a controlling process of configuration and change management.
- Establishing, documenting, implementing, managing, and monitoring the release management process in line with overall automation objectives.
- Maintaining a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Conducting release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews.
- Customer facing support will be required. Providing on-call support to customers to resolve issues.
- Candidate should have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field
- 1-5 years of hands-on experience with:
- Linux – Red Hat and/or CentOS 7+ required
- Ability to write and troubleshoot Linux BASH scripts is required
- Experience using an enterprise ticketing system to coordinate and schedule activities
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
- Able to work independently and productively under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- There will be an expectation of up to 10-20% travel locally (Herndon, VA) and internationally (after 1-2 years of employment).
- Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) experience
- VMWare and/or Nutanix
- Hands-on experience provisioning software, preferably Foreman
- Hands-on experience configuration management system, preferably Saltstack
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors