Centurion Consulting Group
We are looking to hire a Business Analyst in Columbus, OH.
The Business Analyst will carry out business and technical analysis and small project/assignment facilitation. The BA will work with IT staff and internal business representatives to ensure thorough business requirements analysis is completed for assigned projects. The BA will also coordinate with IT staff to ensure assigned tickets are effectively tracked, managed, tested, and completed.
The BA will…
- Ensure thorough business and technical analysis is conducted for assigned projects/tickets
- Use JIRA to capture requirements details and acceptance criteria
- Facilitate regular discussions with internal business representatives and IT developers to capture technical requirements and design details; set up and facilitate meetings; capture requirements/technical details in JIRA tickets; monitor the progress of tickets to completion, testing, and implementation
- Facilitate testing activities or conduct testing in collaboration with developers and client stakeholders
- Carry out project management on some small projects, working with the business unit and IT to establish and execute plans and milestones and reporting status to management
- Collaborate with IT staff/vendors around the globe, including with team members in India
- Bachelor’s degree in information science or equivalent education.
- Experience with requirements development tools and project management software is required (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand format.
- Excellent organizational, work management and analytical skills.
- Excellent collaboration and facilitation skills, especially with global teams meeting with remote tools such as Zoom and MS Teams
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and experience of journal, book, and magazine content publishing, especially scholarly journals.
- Must possess ability to complete multiple tasks within set deadlines.
- Experience with software development testing, QA, and regression testing; writing test cases; creating and staging test content; carrying out tests
- Certifications are preferred
- Experience with Linux/scripting, XML, and SQL is preferred.
- Effective communications skills for interacting with internal clients, users, and colleagues in Europe and Asia
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in the US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors