Centurion Consulting Group
We are looking for a senior Cyber Analyst to join our Security Operations Center (SOC).
The CTI Analyst is an aggregate point of intelligence. This role will review the intelligence received from internal and external sources and assess if the NOAA environment is being actively targeted. CTI Analysts can use this intelligence to make recommendations to teams responsible for content development.
- Prioritize threat research and threat hunts based on active campaigns and intelligence.
- Provide contextual intelligence to enhance analysts’ capabilities by triaging alerts or responding to incidents.
- Enable pivoting on indicators to identify additional infrastructures impacted.
- Evaluates analysts’ products in analysis and synthesis (Refer to Figure 1).
- Improve the usage of XSOAR Threat Intelligence Management module.
- Perform Threat Hunts in addition to the current indicator searches.
Hiring of this position is dependent on the customer approving the candidate, and the candidate passing the agency security checking process. The position will support core hours and have some flexibility to telework approximately 50% of the time, pending approval of the customer.
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior experience performing as a SOC analyst
- Prior experience performing similar CTI functions
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification
- Examples of other certifications include:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler,
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- Additional certifications at an equivalent may also be considered.
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret or adjudicated Secret acceptable).
Location: Fairmont, WV or Boulder, CO (Fairmont Strongly Preferred at the moment)
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Security Clearance
US Citizenship is required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors