Centurion Consulting Group
Data Engineer Pittsburgh, PA
We are hiring a Data Engineer for a federal program in Pittsburgh PA, Arlington VA, and Remote.
As an engineering leader, you will be responsible for assessing and evaluating the current data capabilities, making recommendations to enhance processes and quantifying the benefit as it relates to the growth, strategy and mission.
This is a team member position, working onsite in Pittsburgh, PA with a possibility of onsite in Arlington, VA or remote.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Define and lead the data lifecycle strategy across data acquisition, data ingestion, data cleansing, normalization and linkage.
- Identify data sources, assess their value and quality and estimate the level of effort required to integrate into existing data model, infrastructure and products.
- Ensure key entities within datasets are identified, resolved and linked to existing entities within the current master data repository.
- Apply various techniques to produce solutions to large-scale optimization problems, including data pre-processing, indexing, blocking, field and record comparison and classification.
- Develop, refine and oversee master data management standards, including establishing and enforcing governance procedures and ensuring data integrity across multiple functions. Responsible for owning data quality metrics and meeting defined data accuracy goals according to industry best practices.
- Improve data sharing, increase data repurposing and improve cost efficiency associated with data management efforts.
- Build best practices that help with chain of custody of data so it can be easily traced back to the source for accuracy and consistency.
- Work across functional teams to understand advanced statistical, machine learning, and text processing models. Incorporate them into existing data engineering infrastructure.
- Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns.
- Work directly with users as well as SMEs to establish, create and populate optimal data architectures and structures, as well as articulate techniques and results using non-technical language.
In order to do this job well, you must be a curious and eager problem solver with a hunger for delivering high quality data solutions. You have a passion for great work and nothing less than your best will do. You share our intolerance of mediocrity. You’re uber-smart, challenged by figuring things out and produce simple solutions to complex problems. Knowing there are always multiple answers to a problem, you know how to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience creating sustainable, automated processes for data discovery, curation and synthesis
- 3-5 years experience with programmatically manipulating data
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar RDBMS
- Expert at advanced SQL programming
- Experience utilizing open-source technologies such as Linux, PostgreSQL
- Proficient usage of common data formats such as CSV, XML, and JSON
- Requires strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- A burning desire to tackle hard problems and create sustainable solutions
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
- Strong expertise with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl
- 3-5 years Master Data Management experience including data consolidation, linkage, federation and dissemination
US Citizenship required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors