Centurion Consulting Group
Database Administrator Washington, DC
We are looking to hire a Database Administrator in Washington, DC.
- Provide advanced database and data platforms administration, management and maintenance to ensure optimal performance of databases.
- Manage and provide support on Oracle database platform.
- Work with application teams and provide database support applications.
- Perform database and database server level security and bug fix patching. Assist server teams on OS patching for database related tasks.
- Perform database platform upgrades. Plan and implement new servers/VMs for new release of database software.
- Responsible for troubleshooting database level errors, resolving and identifying root cause.
- Lead projects as assigned by technical manager or team manager.
- Assist team members in the completion of major projects.
- Participate in project planning meetings and take a lead role in reviewing technical requirements.
- Document tasks performed for future reference.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, proactively communicating with customers and framing technical issues so that they can be readily understood.
- Independently utilize in-house and online resources to research solutions for complex problems.
- Work with outside vendors to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and utilize established support tools.
- Maintain awareness of standard Washington infrastructure operations procedures and actively research new technology.
- On-call duties and off-hours work required.
- College degree or equivalent experience. Database certification is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Oracle Databases on Linux platform is necessary.
- Experience with Oracle releases 11g/12c/19c preferred.
- Experience with RMAN tool is required. Linux OS and scripting experience is necessary.
- Experience with Oracle server preparation, installation, operation, integration and monitoring is required.
- Experience with Database high availability, disaster recovery, Oracle Data Guard is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) is a plus.
- Experience administering and configuring Oracle Enterprise Manager and other admin tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Enterprise Edition release 2012/2016 and related technology with administering SQL Server AG clusters is a plus.
- A state-of-the-art awareness in the areas of databases, database servers, email communications, web technologies, software, hardware, system performance measurement, configuration analysis and computer security.
- Excellent written, oral communication and organizational skills.
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors