Centurion Consulting Group
Centurion is looking to hire a Database Administrator to provide support to our development and production database environments. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with MongoDB. The candidate should have strong background in Linux, exceptional analytical/problem solving skills combined with passion for technology and drive for success. This position requires close coordination with the Engineering, Software Development, Software Testing, and Information Technology teams for our main product development activities.
Provide support to MongoDB environments which includes the specific tasking to:
- Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical database systems, ensuring high availability and performance of our mission-critical applications.
- Design/optimize databases to facilitate simple and complex data driven applications.
- Identify slow running queries and initiate appropriate resolutions to improve performance
- Provide technical support to application development teams: Analyzes data, determines the appropriate computing platforms, designs, implements and manages databases and the underlying objects and data structures, including the creation, alteration, deletion and copying of physical schemas, databases, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers and declarative integrity constraints.
- Provide DBA support on all aspects of databases administration including provisioning, backup/recovery, replication, deployment and real time production troubleshooting responsibilities on MongoDB
- Perform database administration duties to help support, maintain, and troubleshoot existing enterprise-wide database instances, while concurrently driving modernization efforts forward. Provide analysis, design, development, and deployment support for customer database requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
- 3+ years’ experience as MongoDB Database Administrator/Developer, version 4.x or higher
- Experience in designing MongoDB multi-sharded clusters.
- Experience in MongoDB third-party tools (Robo 3T, MongoChef, etc) to query the data from MongoDB.
- Worked with reading and Write preferences in MongoDB replica set
- Automation experience with Ansible, Salt, YAML, Unix Shell scripting, etc.
- Good Experience in MongoDB cluster creation and maintenance.
- Experience with SDLC process, coding standards, change control, and version management.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux systems using command line to perform common tasks
- Able to work independently and productively under pressure
- Strong Analytical and Communications Skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency in one or more computer languages, such as Perl, Unix Shell Scripting, and Python
US Citizenship or authorization to work in the US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors