Centurion Consulting Group
ETL Scripting Developer Windsor MIll, MD
We are hiring a an ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) Developer to play a key role on a multi year federal program in Baltimore, MD. As a ETL and Scripting Developer, the responsibilities of this position will include:
- Database developer and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) developer with custom scripting skills.
- Design, development, testing, and maintenance of UNIX shell scripting and Python
- Expert in the various data loading techniques to Greenplum MPP database and develop process to automate it, and troubleshoot any data load errors
- Database development experience with strong skills in SQL and PL/pgSQL.
- Expert in shell scripting, regular expression and automating tasks
- Perform source system data analysis to understand data relationships
- Investigate and resolve data quality, data loading failures and develop data cleansing routines
- Design and document logical and physical data models in data modeling tool
- Generate Data Definition Language (DDL) scripts from modeling tool
- Design and document source to target data mappings
- Design, develop and test custom ETL or data stage routines
- Automate the custom data loading process and continue to improve based on requirements.
- Provide ad hoc query support for ad hoc query requests
- Experience with AWS, EC2, S3
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to support production release during non-peak hours.
- The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
- Experience working with complex data warehouse projects
- Experience designing custom ETL processes to populate the data warehouse
- Ability to analyze source data for potential data quality issues and address these issues
- Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and written to end users, team members and management
- High-level knowledge of various industry leading data ware house components (databases, ETL tools, BI/reporting tools)
- Experience in scripting (Shell scripting, python, Java) and automation
- Experience with DevOps
- Prepare technical documents and presentation
- Familiarity with Atlassian product suites, git, bitbucket, confluence, jira.
- Ansible scripting
- Experience with cloud environment, AWS
- Database Administration (DBA) skills
Education: Bachelors Degree and 3+ years experience or Masters Degree and 1+ years of experience.
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors