Centurion Consulting Group
IT Analyst Herndon, VA
We are seeking an IT Analyst with strong system administration skills to be part of a dynamic team.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
• Configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Monitor and troubleshoot daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
• Develop and maintain operational or other procedures.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Server maintenance and troubleshooting as required.
• Customer facing support will be required. Candidate should have excelled communication and customer service skills, including taking helpdesk calls from customers.
• May require off shift work in critical situations during helpdesk calls from customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field
• 3+ years of experience with the following:
o Linux – Red Hat and CentOS required
o VMWare & Nutanix a plus
o Switches, routers and/or firewalls a plus
o Enterprise storage (NetApp and Nimble a plus)
o Salt, Keycloak & Zabbix a plus
o Splunk Implementation a plus
• Red Hat, Cisco and/or Microsoft certifications a plus
• Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
• Able to work independently and productively under pressure required
• Strong interpersonal skills required
• Strong customer service skills required
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors