Centurion Consulting Group
Junior DevSecOps Engineer Germantown, MD
We are looking for to hire a DevSecOps engineer in Germantown, MD to join an established agile engineering project to provide leadership in the execution of DevSecOps functions in the areas of user support, application installations and upgrades, system vulnerability scanning, certificate management, analysis of security monitoring outputs, coordination of remediation patching, and other strategic DevSecOps initiatives across the department.
- Support, improve and optimize various CI/CD pipeline tools and processes.
- Collaborate with the project team and business partners on processes and process improvements
- Ensure project compliance to applicable security controls required by NIST 800-171
- Support users of the CI/CD AWS environment as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience working with Developers, DevOps, and Engineering teams in a dynamic environment to promote/implement the DevSecOps program throughout the department.
- At least 3 years’ of direct relevant technical experience of agile CI/CD projects, tools and processes
- 3+ years of expertise or experience using configuration management tool such as GitHub or BitBucket
- 3+ years of experience auditing and enforcing security controls on a project or in a lab
- Must be capable of obtaining and holding a U.S. government security clearance (=USC – no clearance required)
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, SonarQube, Artifactory and Ansible
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence, including admin support
- Hands-on experience working with and support of AWS user environments or other cloud offerings
- Hands-on experience with Unix shell scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- Hands-on experience coordinating and performing vulnerability assessments through the use of automated and manual tools (Nessus familiarity a plus)
- Hands-on experience configuring, implementing and leveraging computer security and networking diagnostic/monitoring tools.
- Experience preparing security vulnerability and risk management reports for management.
- Experience working on government systems and/or government process environment
- Ability to work with APIs and Plugins to integrate security tools into established CI/CD pipelines.
US Citizenship is required
Travel: <10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors