Centurion Consulting Group
We are looking to hire a Lead Business Analyst in Washington, DC.
The responsibility of a Lead Business Analyst is to plan, analyze, assist in design, development, testing, and launch business applications for the organization. The core duties include gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. He/she uses proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments. The Lead Business Systems Analyst is an experienced professional who is capable of acquiring and translating requirements into design and implementation for a complex system. She or he may be required to develop test strategies, plans and conduct testing of applications. This position requires the ability to work independently and take initiative while working effectively as a senior member of a project team.
To be a successful Lead BA, the individual must be highly driven, self-motivated, act proactively, be a smart problem-solver, be a team worker, able to make a logical or implied connection among factual data, master the domain and Business, and be able to represent Business to tech-team and vice-versa.
- Analyze the business requirements and translate them into detailed functional requirements, data models and system & application requirements, considering the data & system architecture, design, and implementation roadmaps.
- A thorough understanding of the data model, implementation, data collection tools, and data distribution systems.
- Clearly and unambiguously document the requirement specifications, user stories, use cases, data flow, boundary conditions, exceptions, test, and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to think out of the box for alternative/most efficient solutions.
- Manage meeting notes and track action items with participants.
- Must be a good storyteller conveying the message through presentations or document walkthroughs depending on the audience.
- Construct well-written solution communications that are concise and accurate for delivery to stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable working in any given project methodology striving to deliver at committed schedules.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to vision future state when little or no documentation is available on the current Business process.
- Run reports for the developed application and provide insights to stakeholders.
- Assist in project planning and provide business systems analysis on the front end of projects.
- Coordinate the technical activities of a development team following the direction of a project manager.
- Contributes to all major phases of SDLC including, but not limited to requirements, design, testing, deployment and ongoing product maintenance.
- Perform in-depth application testing and integrate quality into all work.
- Ability and flexibility to operate in a virtual environment across US time zones.
- Troubleshoot, document and deliver solutions to operational issues in Business in a swift manner.
- Produce comprehensive business and technical documentation relevant to completed projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following roles: Product Owner, Product Manager, Project Manager, or Business Systems Analyst.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Microsoft Visio, draw.io, or any other diagramming tool is required.
- Experience with requirements and UI/UX management tools (e.g., Atlassian Suite)
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with the capabilities and uses of the following: JIRA, Confluence, prototyping, wireframes, Java, SQL, Business Intelligence tools is desired.
- PMI-PBA or CBAP certification will be a bonus.
US Citizenship or authorization to work in the US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors