Centurion Consulting Group
We are looking to hire a Lead Network Engineer for a Hybrid role in Washington, DC. The Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organizations network infrastructure. The computer network environment hosts a heterogeneous mix of computing hardware and software platforms, including servers and workstations, and COTS and custom software applications. The Network Engineer reports to the Manager, Networking and is tasked with implementing solutions for the network and supporting network related technology. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the organizations network hardware (routers, switches, wireless, NAC, firewalls, IPS, VPN and ADC’s), network monitor tools (SevOne and Extrahop) as well as network related on-premises (DNS/DHCP) and cloud services. This is a lead position in which customer service and networking skills are well developed.
Work Design: Works under minimal managerial direction on goals and objectives that have a significant impact on the organization. Regularly provides performance reports and status. Work with experience to guide actions. Assure that day-to-day network operations are reliable and efficient. Provide excellent customer support. Recommend solutions to a variety of problems.
- Performs ongoing network maintenance, diagnostics, administration, and design for 1,000+ nodes in multiple on-premises and cloud environments.
- Troubleshoot network related issues.
- Work with support staff to provide prompt resolution of staff network problems and requests
- Administers DNS/DHCP services.
- Administers Next Generation Firewalls (on-premises and Cloud) and VPN firewall appliances.
- Collaborates with Cloud Operations, Windows, Storage, Linux and application development teams to determine their network needs.
- Works with security teams to ensure that all network components are secure and PCI compliant.
- Administers switches, routers, ADC’s and NAC.
- Works with ISPs to ensure reliable Internet connectivity and performance.
- Services will be required outside of core working hours. Minimum travel may be required.
College degree or equivalent experience: 7+ years of hands-on network infrastructure experience. Demonstrated experience with Cisco Next Generation Firewalls, switches, routers, wireless and VPN is required. Good experience in routing protocols, DNS and DHCP is required. Experience with Linux and/or Windows is required. Excellent troubleshooting and research skills are required. Strong interpersonal skills and innovative work practices are required. Experience with network monitoring tools is required. Network infrastructure design experience preferred. Experience with IPS, and Cisco ISE are preferred. Experience with F5 BigIP and AWS/Azure/GCP is a plus.
Summary of Skills Needed:
- Cisco datacenter switching – Nexus switches,
- Cisco datacenter routing – OSPF, BGP,
- Cisco wireless – Wireless controllers and access points,
- Cisco Firewalls – Cisco ASA and Firepower NGFW (Next Generation Firewalls), access-lists, VPN tunnels, NAT.
- Cisco ISE – Wired and wireless NAC
- F5 load balancing,
- Cloud – Experience with AWS/Azure/GCP. What level of experience?
- Any network or cloud certifications
- Strong communication skills.
- On-going learning due to changes in technology.
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in the US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors