Centurion Consulting Group
Mid-Level Information Systems Specialist – Virtualization Washington, DC
We are seeking a Mid-Level Information Systems Specialist to support a VMWare virtualization infrastructure that supports the research community computing infrastructure. The Mid-Level Information Systems Specialist will also ensure effective capacity utilization and alert management. The hours of service will be 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. The successful candidate may be required to work over 40 hours per week based upon requirements and deliverables.
General Areas of Responsibility
Virtualization System Administration
- Manage day-to-day operations on virtualization infrastructure located in multiple locations.
- Build ESXi hosts to established standards and create new policy templates.
- Manage the migration of guests to the platform through:
- Respond to system alerts and event generated by:
- Analyze capacity and operations management reports and create change requests to optimize system utilization.
- Migrate guests to cloud solutions.
- Manage Rancher Kubernetes clusters.
- In conjunction with the Network team, ensure efficient virtual networking configurations are created.
- In conjunction with the Storage team, ensure efficient use of NetApp storage resources.
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
Server Operating System Administration
- Build Windows Operating system servers.
- Build Linux operating system servers.
- Patch and upgrade Linux and Windows servers.
- Perform in-place migration upgrades of VMs and physical hardware.
- BS degree in computer related field and 3 years virtualization and operating system experience, or AA degree in computer science and 5 years of related experience.
- 2+ years of experience with P2V migrations.
- 3+ years of managing vCenter environments.
- 2+ years connecting and configuring NAS (Clustered Volumes, …).
- 2+ years of virtual networking (VDS, NSX, …).
- 3+ years of responding to alerts and events related to virtualization.
- ITIL Certification (v3 or newer) preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with configuration management tools (SCCM, Puppet, CHEF, …).
- 2+ years with monthly server patching.
- Demonstrated ability to automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash, …).
- Experience maintaining technical documentation using C4 Model nomenclature and diagrams or similar.
- Experience working in an economic research or academic environment preferred.
US Citizenship is required
Travel: <10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors