Centurion Consulting Group
We are hiring a Network Engineer I (Exempt) for a multi year (5+) federal program position on Kauai, HI, supporting the Range Network Department. Provides entry level network engineering support, security, administration, and management to all classified and unclassified PMRF mission specific networks. Configures and maintains routers, switches, firewalls, and other network devices in accordance with DoD/DoN/PMRF policy. Provides network centric Cyber Security subject matter expertise. Provides system wide troubleshooting and problem resolution both in “stand-down” as well as “live” mission environments. This includes STIG compliance as well as PMRF policy.
Specific assignments and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Operates, maintains, and configures all network engineering assigned hardware and software associated with classified and unclassified network infrastructures including routers, switches, firewalls, and other technological infrastructure.
- Accomplishes Cyber Security related tasks/requirements utilizing the following tools: DISA STIGS, SCAP, SRR scripts, and/or ACAS/Nessus.
- Maintains 100% network device compliance with DoD directed IAVM program(s) and assists in the development of POA&M for non-compliant devices.
- Configures and maintains network management platforms and monitors data on the network to provide troubleshooting & daily review of audits/logs.
- Prepares and submits status reports, technical reports, procedures (operational and maintenance) to management and customers.
- Tracks and ensures status reporting on day-to-day and project level activities.
- Participates in the Organization’s Configuration Management Plan for all hardware and software relevant to customer networks including preparation for System Change Requests (SCR) as required for applicable supported devices.
- Interfaces and coordinates with Management, team members, and the customer to assure mutual awareness of network development(s), security posture, compliance/non-compliance, and overall system status.
- Document work performed and document and maintain network engineering documentation (MS Visio) related to inventory, topology, design, test plans, projects, and implementation planning.
- Performs other duties as required.
- General office environment with site visits as well as periodic “at sea” duty to support the PMRF’s Mobile at Sea Sensor system (MATSS)
- Candidate must be capable of working in a team environment and participate in network engineering technical activities throughout the project life cycle and maintain a close technical involvement with all contributing organizations.
- Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills are required including ability to organize.
- Must be able to lift, carry, install, and remove networking systems and peripherals.
- Must be able to work in sub-floor areas and crawl space in performing maintenance inspections, installation and troubleshooting tasks.
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling over 25-50 lbs.
- Work positions requirements: walking, standing, sitting, crawling, kneeling or cramped. Work requiring repeated stooping, or frequent climbing.
- Working environment activities: Customer contact, extended workday, confined work area, office laboratory, field assignment, and inclement weather.
- An Associate Degree in computer science, MIS, or other related engineering or scientific field.
- Minimum one year experience in the specific field of assignment or similar discipline
- Years of directly related work experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Knowledge of IT networks and advance IT networking concepts
- Must be proficient in operating personal computers, computer software and standard office equipment.
- Must have basic keyboarding skills and aptitude for neatness and accuracy in sorting.
- DOD 8570.1M IAT Level II within 6 months of hire
- CCST, Network + or equivalent
- CCNA or greater within 6 months of hire
- Possesses professional and ethical standards and be able to pass a thorough background investigation.
- Critical thinking – Proven problem solver
- Juniper or Palo Alto certifications
- Experience with DoD systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge in Cyber Security Methods and Techniques
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a US Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Clearance: Current Secret Clearance or ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
US Citizenship is required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors