Centurion Consulting Group
Network Engineer Remote
Key Required Skills:
Python, Perl, F5 Load Balancer Configuration/Administration
- Research, design and implement security solutions for network infrastructure
- Engineer network solutions for new & existing systems.
- Provide day-to-day network engineering and operations support
- Work with advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Challenge with working on complex technical problems and providing innovative solutions.
- Work with highly experienced and technical resources.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
- 7 years of experience with designing, configuring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network switching and routing protocols in a large enterprise network (5000+ nodes).
- 7 years of experience with configuring and managing Load Balancers, switches, routers, firewalls
- 7 years of experience with Network Monitoring/IPAM (i.e., SolarWinds, NetFlow)
- 7 years of physical communication troubleshooting skills using cabling and signaling analyzer, packet capture and analysis
- 5 years of experience and knowledge of Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus Operating systems
- years of experience with WAN Optimization using Riverbed and trace tools like Wireshark
- 3 years of experience with a high-level scripting language such as Python or Perl
- 3 years of experience with Gigamon
- Advanced experience with architecting, designing, deploying, and operating network elements such as DNS/IPAM; Firewalls; Network Access Control Solutions (NAC); load balancing; DDoS mitigation, tapping/sniffing infrastructures; and NTP
- Advanced WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Ethernet Skills
- Extensive EIGRP, BGP4, RIP, VPLS, MPLS and OSPF Routing Protocol knowledge
- Active Cisco CCNP (or higher) certification
- Experience with IPv6 (SLAAC and DHCPv6)
- Experience with Dynatrace
- Experience configuring Zero Trust networks
- Solid understanding of internetworking: security, routing, switching, SAN and application networking
- Experience with Microsoft Server and Linux Administration
- Expertise in the Linux command-line environment.
- Experience with server hardware to include Dell, HP, or Cisco UCS
- Experience with virtualization solutions (i.e., VMWare).
- Experience documenting network information including of all switching and routing equipment, connected IP-addressable devices and cabling interconnects
- Ability to produce operational documentation using industry best practices in technical writing.
- Experience in using MS Visio, Project.
- Active Cisco CCIE, CCNP certification
- Knowledge, skills and abilities creating and managing automation scripts to manage Network as a Service (Software Defined Networking (SDN), Load Balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience developing best practice project plans, engineering scripts, and documentation for network performance management.
- Prior Federal government experience
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who adapts and isn’t afraid to volunteer in a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
- Knowledge of relational databases and ability to construct and debug SQL queries
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or master’s with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US is required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors