Centurion Consulting Group
Network Security Engineer Germantown, MD
We are looking to hire a Network Security Engineer for a hybrid opportunity in Germantown, MD. The Network Security Engineer will manage systems and applications used for network security and load balancing, recommend improvements as necessary to ensure proper operation, maintain compliance and ensure that network security best practices are met.
- Develop scripts and tools to automate configuration of a large number of firewall and network infrastructure devices distributed across multiple data centers.
- Manage the configuration on multiple physical and virtual firewalls across multiple data centers.
- Propose and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the network security infrastructure.
- Plan, Design, Develop, Implement and Operate F5 products such as LTM, ASM, BIG-IQ and APM
- Manage the configuration on multiple physical and virtual F5 across multiple data centers
- Applies capacity planning configuration changes as demanded by the business .
- Address performance, scalability and service architecture administration issues .
- Design, install, configure, maintain network security services, equipment and devices.
- Plan and support network security infrastructure.
- Provide clear technical documentation and written procedures for issues identified and addressed.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of platform and OS based problems, network security infrastructure and connectivity issues.
- Perform launch testing for new software releases and the introduction of new features.
- Work in a 24×7 mission critical environment.
- Provide on-call support outside business hours.
- Coordinate equipment orders including physical or virtual appliances, as well as upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing the systems as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, telecommunications
- 3+ years working in a networking environment.
- Experience participating in projects implementing new solutions.
- Experience with network security products and protocols, including Fortinet firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of networking principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Working knowledge of Python, Bash or other scripting languages.
- Experience supervising colleagues in day-to-day work.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects of varying priority.
- Working knowledge using Linux operating systems: RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu
- CCNA or CCNP Routing and Switching certification.
- F5 Administrator certification
- CompTia Security+ certification.
- Self-learner and exceptional team player
- Knowledge of Ansible or other automation technologies desirable.
- Understanding of web services and REST APIs
- Experience working with authentication services and load balancers.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors