Centurion Consulting Group
Network Specialist (WLAN) Lanham, MD
We are hiring for a Network Specialist must be well versed in Aruba WLAN network architectures and components. The Network Specialist will work with Network Engineers, IT Specialists, and others to plan, implement, configure, troubleshoot, produce reports, provide analysis of data, administer the WLAN components and network systems and provide any necessary training. The Network Specialist must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly dynamic and innovative work environment.
Qualifications – Required
- At least 5 years total network management experience operating, maintaining and updating an Aruba WLAN network to ensure they are kept up to date to ensure proper operations are maintained. This includes adding or deleting sites and or network devices, making configuration changes, upgrading Operating Systems, at a minimum.
At least 5 years of engineering level network support that includes specific knowledge of:
- Aruba wireless infrastructure
- Aruba Access point/authentication, and device management technologies and processes
- Troubleshooting of Aruba network and components
- Demonstrate that security policies/GSP/IRM mandates were met/implemented correctly on network devices, best practices were implemented, new technologies deployed to meet customer needs, software levels were maintained, and global configurations were managed and updated.
- At least 5 years’ experience with supporting a large scale government network.
- Experience using the Microsoft office suite of tools including Office 2007 or newer.
- Experience with the ITIL V3 IT Lifecycle Management Framework is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in successfully leading a mid-size system implementation project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or closely with other developers with minimal guidance.
Education, Degrees, Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject.
At least one of the following appropriate certificates or a higher certification must be active and provided upon candidate submission.
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Data certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Wireless certification or higher
- ITIL v3 Certifications
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors