Centurion Consulting Group
Operations Engineer Columbus, OH
We are looking to hire an Operations Engineer in Columbus, Ohio. The key outcomes of this position are the department’s ability to achieve the following:
- Deliver solutions-focused responsiveness to time-sensitive production problems.
- Drive new product development and delivery efforts outside of the traditional GPO inventory.
- Provide expansion capability for existing services, including but not limited to domestic and offshore vendor workflows and deliveries.
- Proactively identify and address server, system, and application problems.
Primary responsibilities of the Technical Operations Lead are as follows:
- Leads in developing and implementing standard operating procedures and best practices for operations and support of built and bought software.
- Participates in establishing policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations and to safeguard information resources.
- Collaborates with application owners to ensure monitoring is sufficient to support services
- Develops and delivers on-going operational metrics and system/application KPIs.
- Monitors the responsiveness and availability of critical enterprise applications from end user prospective
- Monitors the alert mechanisms to notify application/infrastructure teams for any deviations from the defined threshold
- Collaborates with Application/Ops/Engineering teams to configure custom dashboards/alerts/reports on need basis
- Makes effective use of monitoring tools to improve root cause analysis effectiveness and correlation of events
- Designs and maintains tools to automate operational processes
- Supports/Leads quality initiatives for continuous service improvement and optimization
- Participates in Capacity planning, system performance monitoring,
- Participates in on-call rotation and working with global teams
- Collaborating with cross functional stakeholders
- Associates degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Expertise in the operations and support of global systems and applications in multiple time zones.
- Expertise in Windows/Unix/Linux, XML, web services, and relational databases.
- Experience with release/code management tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Git, and Maven) and application development experience preferred.
- Experience with implementing and supporting batch-process scheduling tools such as Control-M preferred.
- Effective communications skills for interacting with internal clients and users.
- Leadership ability and a willingness to take ownership of projects and tasks.
- 5+ years total including 3 years of experience as a technology support lead.
- Experience in publishing preferred but not required.
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors