Centurion Consulting Group
Operations Support Technologist
This position will be an Operations Support Technician within the Technology Operations and Support Team with a range of technical skills. The candidate should be familiar with multiple technology platforms and environments. This role will provide operational support for multiple technology and business units around the world.
The key outcomes of this position are the department’s ability to achieve the following:
1. Develop and implement successful Support, Operations and Service Management processes in line with ITIL and DevOps best practices.
2. Ensure coverage of mission-critical systems supporting the Enterprise as a primary internal client.
3. Deliver solutions-focused responsiveness to time-sensitive production problems.
4. Drive new product development and delivery efforts outside of the traditional GPO inventory.
5. Provide expansion capability for existing services, including but not limited to domestic and offshore vendor workflows and deliveries.
6. Proactively identify and address server, system, and application problems.
Primary responsibilities of the Operations Support Technician are as follows:
1. Leads initiatives in developing and implementing standard operating procedures and best practices for operations and support of built and bought software
2. Provides Tier 1.5 Support to the business for Operational/Support Issues
3. Participates in establishing policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations and to safeguard information resources.
4. Participate in the development of technical support documentation for Tier 1 support
5. Contribute to a culture of Continuous Service Improvement in constantly looking for ways to improve, automate, streamline and refine processes.
6. Act as process owner for Configuration/Asset Management and backup for Knowledge, Incident, Problem and Release Management processes as required
7. Participate in the enhancement of Monitoring tools and definition of proper thresholds like performance, availability etc..
8. Monitor the responsiveness and availability of critical enterprise applications from end user prospective
9. Monitor the alert mechanisms to notify application/infrastructure teams for any deviations from the defined threshold
10. Collaborate with Application/Ops/Engineering teams to identify and configure custom dashboards/alerts/reports on need basis 11. Supports/leads quality initiatives for continuous service improvement and optimization
12. Participates in Capacity planning, system performance monitoring,
13. Participate in on-call rotation and working with global teams
Required Skills: College degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience. Familiarity with Service Management, ITIL and DevOps best practices in an application development environment Effective communications skills for interacting with internal clients and users. Willingness to take ownership of projects and tasks.
1. 5+ years total including 3 years of experience as a technology support lead.
2. Experience in publishing preferred but not required.
US Citizenship is required
Travel: <10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors