Back to all jobs
Centurion Consulting Group
Centurion is looking to hire a Product Manager in Washington, DC.
- Learn and understand the vision, strategy, roadmaps, underlying platforms, enabling technologies, and features for new data products and their future releases; their markets, customers and competitive landscapes; their product development and engineering lifecycles; the sales and marketing efforts; and the key performance indicators for successful products with sustained long-term revenue.
- Perform customer and market research, win/loss analysis, competitive landscape analysis, market problem and markets definition, and buyer persona / user persona / user scenario development to inform product roadmaps, requirements, and features.
- Partner and collaborate with the Data Products Portfolio Manager, Technology Manager, technology team of UI/UX designers and project managers/business analysts to define product roadmaps and scopes, analyze and decide business requirements and user experience, understand and decide the feasibility and timelines of product deliveries, and advise on and contribute to product development lifecycles.
- Work closely with the Data Products Portfolio Manager and Sales/Marketing teams to define appropriate metrics and measure product profitability.
- Participate in and contribute in the go-to-market strategies and plans, revenue growth and retention plans, customer onboarding and training, marketing plans and collateral contents, sales activities and alignment, and stakeholder communications.
- Participate in, provide advice, and facilitate decisions during various product development project team meetings.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of business strategies, customers and markets, and products and services.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of technology platforms and products, tools and methods, best practices, and market / industry trends in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, knowledge management, agile software engineering, data engineering, data science, and new technology product development.
- Provide onboarding and technical support to customers, including consulting on best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred, Ph.D. or equivalent experience in business, product management, computer science, data science, information management or a related scientific or engineering field would be a plus.
- 5+ years of successful and demonstrated experience in enterprise data products required. Experience in new technology product management from market problem definition and product ideation to delivery and sustained revenue required. Specific examples of prior successful products will be required for consideration of candidates.
- Proven ability to plan and execute competing priorities and concurrent product management cycles is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with Pragmatic Framework strongly preferred. Ability and willingness to be receive training and certification required.
- Excellent skills in performing market and customer research, gathering and synthesizing data, conducing customer surveys, interviews and focus groups, translating data into actionable insights for decision-making purposes, writing and editing business plans for new products, and developing and tracking key performance indicators for understanding product profit/loss. Familiarity with Lean Startup/Customer Development Methodology desired.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of audience-specific, concise and clear communications (written and verbal), cross-functional and multidisciplinary collaboration, relationship and partnership building, and interactions with senior leadership, business stakeholders and technology teams.
- Strong analytical, organizational, critical and strategic thinking, logical reasoning, advising, influencing, collaborative and independent decision-making, detail-orientation, problem-solving, task management, time management, and leadership skills.
- Proven adaptability, diplomacy, and comfort amidst ambiguity and within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, and agile product development environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office 365, Teams, Jira, Confluence, customer research tools, UI design tools, user experience analysis tools, and CRM solutions.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure/cloud-based delivery would be a plus.
- Background or interest in mission-driven science-focused organizations, startup product development environments, publishing organizations, or nonprofit associations would be a plus.
- Continuous learning and professional development related to trends, technologies, innovations, and best practices in Data Engineering, Data Science, Knowledge Management, User Experience, Product Management, Agile Software Development, and Artificial Intelligence, with proven ability to learn and integrate new knowledge quickly and effectively.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
US Citizenship or authorization to work in the US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors