Centurion Consulting Group
SatCom Engineer Gaithersburg, MD
We are looking to hire a SatCom Engineer for a hybrid position in Gaithersburg, MD. The Senior SATCOM Engineer designs and implements SATCOM solutions for DoD customer requirements. Maintains product and solution roadmap based on customer requirements. Coordinates all product line enhancements and partner component configurations and integration activities. Drafts technical solutions for customer requirements and RFPs. Evaluates SATCOM components and integrates the same into proposed solutions. When called upon, provides support to the program team, as appropriate, through facilitation, information sharing, analysis and reviews. Works effectively with the customer, displays exceptional communication skills. Has experience working with US Government customers.
• Performs customer requirements analysis and maintains product roadmap
• Leads partner SATCOM equipment evaluation, integration and procurement activities
• Manages Product Quality and Configuration Management activities
• Coordinates systems acceptance testing
• Designs customer solutions for specific customer and product requirements
• Specifies equipment, generates, and issues purchase requisitions for equipment and services
• Manages engineering activities to include transmission planning, link budget analysis, network design, budgetary pricing, network enhancements, and technical briefings
• Supports RFP responses including requirements, compliance and gap analysis
• Supports Business Development activities as needed
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field and 10 years relevant experience. Relevant experience includes military experience on similar complex SATCOM equipment.
• Capable of obtaining and holding a Top-Secret DOD clearance.
• Travel approx. 10%
• At least three years’ experience in network design
• At least three years’ experience in the following:
o IP network design, addressing, and routing
o M&C systems and SNMP architecture and Network Management Systems
o Communications systems design and implementation
o RF systems/SATCOM system design/implementation, modulation schemes/encoding skills
o Understands spectrum management and planning
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
• Ability to effectively interact with management, technical resources, and sales personnel
• Excellent organizational and team skills
• Ability to read and interpret procedures, work instructions, schematics, diagrams, and assembly instructions.
• Experience working in a military environment.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Ability to travel, interface directly with the customer, work independently or as part of a team, and provide written status to management.
• Experience with MS Office products including Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, and Visio.
US Citizenship is required
Travel: ~10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors