Centurion Consulting Group
Senior Cloud Architect Washington, DC
We are hiring a Senior Cloud Architect in Washington DC.
- Ability to engage stakeholders, understand their needs, and then translate those needs into a minimum viable product.
- Ability to translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations.
- A collaborative, analytical thinker with outstanding written and oral communication skills and problem-solving capabilities, with a high attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent time management skills. Ability to work well within cross-functional teams composed of business and technical team members.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficient using Office 365, SharePoint Online, SharePoint, and Visio.
- Understanding of Federal Information Security regulations, standards, and practices such as the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Understanding of Information Privacy concepts and best practices.
- Understanding of Information Security and Compliance and Privacy concepts related to the handling of sensitive information.
- BSc/BA in computer science, economics, mathematics, or relevant field or equivalent experience required
- At least ten years demonstrated experience in:
- Developing software according to software development lifecycles (SDLCs), including DevOps, Agile, Lean, Iterative, or Waterfall.
- Designing, deploying, and migrating secure and maintainable systems for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) environments.
- DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, containers, and related best practices for cloud deployment.
- Service offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Highly proficient in at least one high-level programming languages such as Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Excellent understanding of and ability to evaluate new technologies for fit in current infrastructure architecture.
- Excellent understanding of cloud-based architectures, web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
- In-depth understanding of loose coupling, stateless systems, and best practices for designing cloud-ready applications.
- Excellent understanding of cloud federation technologies such as SAML, OAuth, and OpenID Connect and how to apply these technologies to enterprise and public-facing applications.
- Excellent understanding of cloud information security risks and best practices, especially in highly secure operating environment
- Excellent understanding of cloud vendor cost structures and the ability to optimize solutions for cost-effectiveness.
- Experience transitioning legacy systems to cloud-ready architecture.
- Experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP, and OSI Network.
- Understanding of RESTful Web Services, XML, or JSON.
- Experience with government cloud deployments (FedRAMP, FISMA, high-security environments).
US Citizenship required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors