Centurion Consulting Group
Centurion is looking to hire a Senior Devops Engineer.
Our tech stack and engineering environment include the following:
- Apache Nifi, NoSQL, MarkLogic, Tableau
- AI / Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Knowledge Management technologies
- AWS, ECR, ECS, DevOps, CI/CD, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Gradle, Docker
Reporting to and partnering with the Technology Manager, your primary responsibilities will be DevOps engineering, operationalization, deployment, release planning and release management for new products launches and subsequent product release cycles within an agile product development environment. Your role will also have secondary responsibilities providing post-release operations oversight, monitoring, and support for in-production products. Partnering and collaborating with technical teams – working with solutions architects, software developers, IT operations and security engineers, infrastructure and platform managers, business analysts, project managers, and external vendors and service providers – you will be analyzing, planning, executing, managing, documenting, advising on, and reporting on all aspects of the streamlining the software/product development cycle, the operationalization and release of new products, and the operational oversight of in-production products. You will employ DevOps tools, methods, and best practices to streamline, improve, and shorten the software development life cycle while ensuring efficient, effective, and timely development, integration, and deployment of high-quality customer-facing products. You bring visibility and automation to the state and configuration of the development and deployment environment, and minimize and eliminate confusing, error-prone, and wasteful manual processes, complexities, and cost overruns. You will be an engaging, forward-looking, and mission-driven participant in practicing agile, customer-focused, and learning-based approaches to product development initiatives that aim to bring new products and new releases to the market in 9 to 12 months cycles. Moreover, you will not only bring to our team solid and current technical knowledge, technical fluency, and technical experiences in order to facilitate and enable effective relationship management, cross-functional and multidisciplinary collaborations, product deliveries, and technical support for products, but also a passion for and interest in contributing your expertise and skills to transformative and far-reaching scientific and social impacts.
- Learn and understand the organizations strategic visions and roadmaps for new products and their future releases as well as the in-production products.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the IT infrastructures, enabling technologies and platforms, data and contents, development and deployment environments and processes, policies, procedures, and best practices that support and facilitate product development, product delivery, release management, and product operations/support.
- Develop and continuously strengthen excellent relationships with technology leaders and colleagues.
- Plan and execute all aspects of DevOps Engineering for new product developments and deliveries.
Partner and collaborate very closely with technology teams across the organization to coordinate, receive guidance and/or advise on, and contribute to the implementation, quality assurance, process development, process automation and improvement, policy compliance, and any risk mitigations for the following:
- Streamlined, efficient, and effective software development and delivery environments and processes;
- The required infrastructures, platforms, and operationalization for product delivery and support;
- Inter-systems integrations, including content delivery and data management mechanisms across platforms and products;
- Integration of information security and data privacy mechanisms and practices throughout the cycles of software engineering and product development (DevSecOps);
- Release management and deployment plans for new product launches and for future releases of previously-launched products;
- Site reliability, business continuity, and disaster recovery;
- Platform and applications migrations.
- Identify, discern, evaluate, and advise on risks, interdependencies, and any inhibiting obstacles regarding product operationalization, integrations, release management, deployment, and support.
- Assess, recommend, advocate for, and advise on tools, methods, and best practices that enable and support an agile product development environment, including the maximized leveraging and optimized utilization of existing tools, methods, and best practices.
- Contribute to and advise on quality assurance and testing plans and processes for product launches and future releases.
- Participate in and contribute to the efforts of other technical and project teams across the Organization, and serve as the representative and advocate for projects and initiatives that impact the technical operations and integration of products.
- Manage the timely and effective assessment, escalations, and resolutions of any product-related technical issues as reported by end-users/customers and business stakeholders and provide adequate and clear follow-ups and communications.
- Prepare and present audience-specific, clear, and concise communications, plans, schedules, briefings, reports, and status updates on a periodic basis.
- Develop and establish excellent relationships with external technology vendors and service providers.
- Organize and manage all plans, reports, logs, and documents in exceptionally detail-oriented, clear, well-categorized, and well-organized ways on appropriate sites such as JIRA, Microsoft Teams, Confluence.
- Participate in and advise on RFI and RFP processes for evaluation and selection of technology products, vendors, and professional services firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or closely related technical discipline is required. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or closely related discipline would be a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years’ full-time professional experiences in the combined areas of software development, integrations, operations, deployment, and release management for large-scale, complex, and interrelated IT platforms and products within mid-sized to large organizations, and within an Agile environment.
- Proven knowledge, experiences, and accomplishments in new customer-facing and revenue-generating software/data product development and delivery required. Specific and relevant examples of DevOps Engineering for prior successful product development projects will be required for consideration of candidates.
- Deep understanding of and hands-on experience with new product development, DevOps Engineering, and process improvement in new software/product development required.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of CI / CD, DevOps, Scrum, Kanban, and Lean required.
- Knowledge of and experience with AWS cloud infrastructure, platforms, architecture, and AWS ECR & ECS required.
- Knowledge of and experience with tools and methods that help achieve the goals and ideals of agile software development frameworks, including skills and experiences with any combinations of JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Gradle, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of and experiences in IT infrastructures and operations, architectures, data management, data migration, data analytics, information security, data privacy regulations, development and integration of scalable and extensible software solutions, quality assurance, automated software testing and deployment, and cloud-based infrastructure as code, servers, storage, and applications.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with MarkLogic would be a differentiating plus. Ability and willingness to receive training and certification on MarkLogic required.
- Prior experiences with or current interests in projects and products in Data Engineering, Data Science, Knowledge Management, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Search Engines, and Open Source would be a plus.
- Excellent skills in audience-specific communications/briefings (written and verbal) and presentation, meeting facilitation, collaboration, adaptability, diplomacy, relationship management, and interactions with senior leadership, business stakeholders, and technology teams.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, logical reasoning, advising, influencing, detail-orientation, information-synthesizing, problem-solving, project management, and leadership skills.
- Background or interest in mission-driven science-focused organizations, startup software development environments, publishing organizations, or nonprofit associations would be a plus.
- Continuous learning and professional development related to trends, markets, technologies, innovations, and best practices in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, and Project Management, with proven ability to learn and integrate new knowledge quickly and effectively.
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in the US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors