Centurion Consulting Group
Senior Engineer – Network Operations North Las Vegas, NV
We are looking to hire a Senior Engineer – Network Operations in North Las Vegas, NV. The primary focus is through product qualifications, automation, troubleshooting network events, various assigned projects, network infrastructure support, system and network buildouts, writing and analyzing implementation plans, supporting VDI desktop solution, and training of personnel.
- Work in one of the most complex communications networks and as a member of the team and will be responsible for 99.99% system uptime with zero defects.
- Involved with system-monitoring, routine preventive maintenance, customer problem tracking, and network problem resolution in all aspects of networking.
- Responsible for System Administration, Network Monitoring and Management, new buildouts, changes to existing networks, and maintenance of the IP and system infrastructure.
- Identify root causes on technical problems and develop procedural and technical recommendations for improvement.
- Plan and coordinate implementation of new products into the production environment.
- Monitor specific system limitations to maximize capacity and efficiency. Perform equipment level capacity planning and network performance activities.
- Maintain equipment inventory and configuration management records, including software releases, patches, and hardware changes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Data Center Standards, Service Management Quality Program, and ITIL standards.
- Support 24×7 OnCall rotation.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident as position requires access to U.S. export restricted materials.
- Bachelors degree in networking, computer engineering, computer science, telecommunications, information systems, a related technical field OR equivalent military training and experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience with industry standards, working knowledge of TCP/IP and Ethernet configuration and functionality desirable.
- 2 or more years working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems desirable.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Industry certifications are a plus (Microsoft, ITIL, Linux, VMware, Cisco, CompTia)
- Strong network engineering background.
- Strong independent work ethic and ability to lead/drive projects while working as part of a team in a distributed work environment.
- Candidates must have the ability to work and manage in a 24 x 7 x 365 work environment, multi-task while meeting deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Electronics troubleshooting skills desirable (ability to use and interpret readings from a range of test equipment including spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, protocol analyzer, power meter, Fiber test sets, etc.).
- Candidates must have excellent problem-solving, customer relations, and written and oral communication skills.
- Responsibilities and duties may evolve and expand; therefore, flexibility and adaptation are important.
In addition to salary, OnCall compensation, and potential profit sharing, this position will be eligible for a discretionary bonus, with funding based on company and department performance.
US Citizenship is required
Travel: <10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors