Centurion Consulting Group
Senior Information Systems Specialist Washington, DC
We are hiring a Senior Information Systems Specialist in Washington, DC.
At least 5 years of SQL Server experience either as a database administrator (DBA), SQL Server Administrator (SA) or database developer. Demonstrate strong working knowledge of the Transact SQL (TSQL) programming language.
Experience with client-server computing and relational database environments. Knowledge of reporting tools and query tools. Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices. Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills with all audiences, organized thinking and ability to plan, execute, balance and communicate status for short and long-term tasks, projects and objectives.
- Facilitates testing, monitoring and maintenance of systems in development, production and other environments of moderate complexity.
- Understands and supports full solution development lifecycle of planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation, maintenance, and decommissioning.
- Utilizes monitoring tools to ensure health and integrity of enterprise systems. Reviews and interprets daily system related statistics, events, errors and other data to anticipate and take action to address any/all issues which could lead to system outages.
- Deploys, patches, upgrades, and troubleshoots software and database platforms of a moderate complexity. Coordinates with stakeholders to ensure the platform is meetings current needs. Authors supporting documentation that includes architecture, configuration, security, maintenance, troubleshooting, and backup details. Employs proper use of change control and client communication to make changes.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues while ensuring consistency, accuracy and relevance of information and insights. Develop reports and conduct presentations to help stakeholders understand findings. Identify opportunities to capture and/or report new data to enhance analytic capabilities.
- Acts as a team member on team projects. Provides documentation and metrics as required to fulfill team project goals.
- Conducts routine analysis of project requirements including scheduling, estimating costs, estimating level-of-effort and de-confliction of project goals with other ongoing efforts.
- Produces project timelines with clearly indicates milestones and goals.
- Ensures that operational configuration is in compliance with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and Board standards.
- Pursues the resolution of issues of high complexity, including both systems and networks of systems. Works independently to analyze problems and develop solutions. As necessary solicits and considers input from peers, experts, management, and vendors to form action plans. Collects and analyzes the necessary logs and other supporting data.
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise environments versions 2012 through 2019
- Windows and LINUX physical and virtual server operating environments
- Vormetric TDE
- SolarWinds DPA
- Trustwave DBProtect
US Citizenship required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors