Centurion Consulting Group
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer Herndon, VA
We are seeking a Senior Level IT engineer with strong system administration skills to be part of a dynamic team.
- Will provide leadership and support directly to internal and external to enable and support highly available application solutions
- Perform site reliability engineering functions such as assessing standards, practices, technologies, and ecosystems, making recommendations for improvements and in support of going forward strategies, and facilitating implementation tasks
- Develop and document best practices/procedures, risk assessments, contingency planning, and disaster recovery & business continuity planning
- Provide technical leadership through the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and solve complex technical problems across multiple technical disciplines
- Configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot Linux BASH scripts is required
- Linux RPM/YUM processes – building new packages, maintaining/updating existing packages and managing software distribution repositories
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Cisco Switches, Kemp Load Balancers and FortiGate Firewalls
- Lead ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization efforts.
- Server maintenance and troubleshooting as required.
- Customer facing support will be required.
- Candidate should have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field
- 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Linux – Red Hat and CentOS required
- VMWare & Nutanix a plus
- Switches, routers and/or firewalls
- Enterprise storage (NetApp and Nimble a plus)
- Experience in the engineering of enterprise level information technology systems and solutions including needs analysis, alternatives analysis, technical requirements development, and solution implementation
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
- Able to work independently and productively under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors