Centurion Consulting Group
Senior PostgreSQL Database Administrator Windsor Mill, MD
We are hiring for a Senior PostgresSQL DBA in service to a multi year Federal Contract in Baltimore, MD.
This position will be responsible for:
- Administration of community edition PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in a AWS environment.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management.
- Day to day administration of PostgreSQL databases in AWS
- Collaborate with development, architecture, and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations, driving standards for effective PostgreSQL transition to production operations.
- Recognized by the industry or industry contributor for PostgreSQL In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
- Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using different tools
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments
- Conduct technical reviews and walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL data warehouse environment
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
- Create users, establish database security, create resource queue, performance tuning in terms of query execution etc.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades.
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects
- Manage Disaster Recovery environment Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns
- Generate reports of all processes and jobs currently running on PostgreSQL with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc
Education: Bachelors Degree or higher preferred with 7 years of advanced IT experience or professional IT certifications.
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors