Centurion Consulting Group
We are hiring two Sr Recruitment/Staffing Specialist for a remote opportunity supporting the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). Candidates will support the recruitment and placement services with traditional staffing tasks and working through USA Staffing.
Qualified candidates must be DE Certified (Delegated Examining (DE) Certification)
The objective for the position is to achieve timely and effective hiring as well as recruit and hire talented, diverse candidates for positions utilizing the BLM 80-day hiring model.
The candidate will assist any/all key players in addressing critical components of the BLM 80-day hiring model. These tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with Hiring/Recruitment Package development, ensuring the request meets organizational needs adhering to position management principles, and identifies/considers all hiring flexibilities, and pay/compensation/incentives to attract a highly qualified applicant pool
- Assists Hiring Officials with the creation of job analysis and reviews completed documents
- Assists the Hiring Official with EEO or Diversity/Outreach point of contact to determine recruitment method, area of consideration, and diversity recruitment approaches
Confirms Hiring Official submits a Position Description (PD), and standardized Hiring/Recruitment Package, at minimum, the package will include:
- Position descriptions
- Job analysis
- Duties and specialized experience statement
- Recruitment strategy form
- Position Management Council (PMC) request number
- If these packages are unavailable or not applicable, the candidate will assist Hiring Official either in developing a PD or verifying the accuracy of the current PD and submits a Help Desk Ticket Classification Request
- Upon receipt of classified PD, the candidate will assist the Hiring Official in developing a job analysis
- Updates recruitment tracking systems and/or document(s), such as SharePoint, Tracker, and USA Staffing.
- Creates a recruitment action in USA Staffing; establishes a case file; prepares a draft Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA); and uploads case file documents into an automated staffing program.
- Finalizes approved JOA and posts to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) USAJOBS website.
- Assists in the reviews of applications for eligibility and qualifications.
- Assists in getting the second level assessments issued and completed (ie: Subject Matter Expert resume review).
- Assists in the issuance of “certificate(s) of eligibles” to the Hiring Official within one weeks of the second level assessments being completed and notifies eligible applicants of their status.
- Audit certificates, ensuring regulations (such as veterans’ preference rules) were followed and selection is appropriate.
- Assist in identification and analysis of conventional staffing problems and assist in an alternative solution.
- Close out case files.
- Assist in recruitment events and job fairs at a variety of locations, including colleges and universities as agreed upon by the Centurion and BLM.
Supports the Human Resources Team as follows:
- Obtain security documentation, including, Personal Identifiable Information (PII) from applicants, employees, and contractors. Ensures applicants complete personnel security forms and processes.
- Assists the BLM with security, however, most security actions will be performed by BLM employees
Employees can work Monday through Friday between 6:00am to 6:00pm Eastern Time. Performance can be anywhere within the United States. Work to be done remotely.
Personnel must possess the education, training, and experience needed below:
- Recruiting Experience Required:
- Provides recruitment and placement, advisory, and technical services in performing and resolving complex staffing and recruitment actions. Advanced skills and knowledge in Federal Government Human Resources areas such as compliance with staffing related hiring eligibilities, security support, and automated payroll systems is required. Experience in training and auditing is also required.
- HR Experience Required
- Assists the Recruitment/Staffing Specialists in the administration of the day-to-day operations of the HR functions and responsibilities in the staffing and recruitment functional area: human resources support activities, position management, recruitment and/or staffing, research, analyze and provide guidance on policies related to personnel programs. Experience in resolving complex and technical issues. Experience in training, auditing, and assisting lower-level Human Resources Assistants.
- Experience supporting Federal Government hiring efforts.
- Experience creating and reviewing job analysis.
- Experience using and posting job announcements in USA Staffing.
- Experience in recruitment and placement, advisory, and technical service in performing and resolving complex staffing and recruitment actions.
- Advanced skills and knowledge in Federal Government Human Resources areas such as compliance with staffing related hiring eligibilities, security support, and automated payroll systems.
- Experience in training and auditing.
- CURRENT DE Certified (Delegated Examining (DE) Certification)
- Bachelors Degree and 4+ years of experience
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Security Clearance
US Citizenship is required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors