Centurion Consulting Group
Key Required Skills
Java, RESTful, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Software AG webMethods, JSON, XML, SOAP, CI/CD (PaaS/OpenShift 3/4, DataPower) SQL, Git, AWS, Splunk, ReadyApi, Postman, SwaggerUI
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies.
- Develop new and update existing REST APIs using the Spring Framework (Boot, Batch, Cloud, Security, Data).
- Perform API testing using Swagger UI and Ready API.
- Perform API integration using webMethods.
- Perform source code repository management and deployment using DevOps (Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, SonarQube, UrbanCode).
- Investigate and repair application defects related to business logic, middleware, or database (DB2).
- Perform log analysis and resolution using Splunk, Dynatrace
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, Java enterprise services, service-oriented architectures (SOA), security, and business process management/business rules processing.
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
Detailed Skills Requirements
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Masters or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- 10+ years of experience with Java systems/application analysis and design
- 6+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/RESTful web service
- 4+ years of programmatic transaction management experience in batch processing using Spring Batch.
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Excellent experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Batch, Cloud, Security, and Data)
- Excellent knowledge with Java EE, Java generics, and concurrent programming
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL and DB2), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, and Spring JDBC).
- Solid experience with unit testing, TDD, and associated technologies (Junit and Mockito)
- Strong experience using build automation tools such as Maven, Jenkins, and SonarQube.
- Solid experience with API development & monitoring tools (Postman, Ready API, Swagger, Splunk, Dynatrace)
- Knowledge/Experience on Web-methods will be an additional advantage.
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills)
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Job scheduling using CONTROL-M
- Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and use of DevOps to accelerate quality releases to Production
- PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift/Kubernetes and Docker containers
- AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
- Master’s degree and 8+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience in a training-related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors