Centurion Consulting Group
We are looking to hire a Sr RF Systems Engineer in Germantown, MD.
This is an exciting position where the candidate will be involved in design and testing of state-of-the-art RF and phased-array antenna systems for next generation LEO/MEO/GEO satellite communication systems. You will be instrumental in designing and developing Innovative solutions to serve customers in fixed, aeronautical, land-mobile and maritime domains.
- Analyze system requirements and develop system architectures for RF and baseband subsystems.
- Develop subsystem requirements, specifications, and technical evaluations
- Conduct link budgets analyses, block and signal level analyses, and trade-off studies
- Analyze RF performance and conduct simulations and measurements to determine signal integrity, cross-talk, coupling, noise, insertion loss, return loss.
- Develop algorithms for calibration of antenna subsystems in fixed and mobile user terminal installations
- Develop constellation modeling and analyses for LEO/MEO/GEO satellite systems and conduct analyses against regulatory masks.
- Document detailed designs and present them internally and to external customers
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- 10+ years expertise in communications systems theory and analysis including link budgets, signal propagation, phase noise, EVM, non-linear effects, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with microwave circuit design in industry.
- PhD in electrical engineering
- Strong analytical skills and modeling skills for RF performance in LEO/MEO/GEO systems
- Experience with HFSS/CST, ADS, and MATLAB simulation tools
- Familiarity with a variety of RF printed circuit technologies including stripline, microstrip, co-planar waveguide.
- Familiarity with high density PC board interconnect methods including micro-via, blind and buried via, in RF and microwave environments.
- Design experience with LNAs, power amplifiers, active RFIC technologies, directional couplers, frequency converters, mixers, frequency synthesizers.
- Familiar with test equipment like vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, noise figure meters, power meters, vector signal analyzers.
- Knowledgeable about electronic beam forming, beam steering and array synthesis.
- Able to make antenna pattern measurements including gain, beam-width, sidelobe levels, co and cross polarization levels, Return loss, coupling factors.
US Citizenship or authorization to work in the US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors