Centurion Consulting Group
Senior Software Development and Operations Engineer Remote
The Senior Software Development & Operations Engineer is a development and operations engineering role with the following two components:
- Full-Stack development engineering within an Agile environment and CI / CD pipelines, with responsibilities for both backend development and UI development.
- Operations engineering – including product operationalizations, integrations, deployment, and release management, and support for new products launches and new releases
It is anticipated that your time may be split between development and operations engineering for one or two products within our 3 portfolios of products, with a greater concentration on our Data Products Portfolio. You will be a partner and collaborator within cross-functional and multidisciplinary technical teams and product management teams – working with Principal Solutions Architect, UI / UX designers, software development engineers, IT operations and security engineers, infrastructure and platform managers, business analysts/project managers, Chemistry subject-matter experts, product managers, and external IT vendors and service providers. You will be an engaging, forward-looking, and mission-driven participant in practicing agile, customer-focused, and learning-based approaches to product development initiatives that aim to bring new products and new releases to the market in 9- to 12-month cycles. You bring not only solid and current technical knowledge, technical fluency, and technical experiences in full-stack development engineering and operations engineering, but also a passion for and interest in contributing those expertise and skills to transformative and far-reaching scientific and social impacts.
- Learn and understand strategic visions and roadmaps for new products and their future releases as well as the in-production products within the portfolio of data products.
- Develop and maintain in-depth and current knowledge and understanding of the IT infrastructures, enabling technologies, data and contents, development and deployment environment, policies, procedures, and best practices that support and facilitate product development, product delivery, release management, and product operations/support
- Develop and continuously strengthen excellent and collaborative relationships with technology leaders and colleagues as well as external vendors and service providers.
- Develop and enhance high-quality, customer-resonating, scalable, and extensible software solutions by studying and analyzing strategic product roadmaps, scopes and timelines, business requirements, end-user/customer journeys, user stories, UI designs, solutions architecture, data and information systems, data and content flows, and product integration and operationalization requirements.
- Function within an Agile environment and CI / CD pipelines while utilizing JIRA, Confluence, Docker, AWS cloud solutions (ECS, ECR, etc.), coding standards, and relevant industry standards to facilitate effective software development and testing, software delivery and deployment, requirements tracking, completion of assigned product backlog items, and resolution of bug fixes.
- Partner and collaborate very closely with technology teams across to coordinate, advise on, and contribute to the implementation, quality assurance, process development and improvement, policy compliance, and any risk mitigations for the following:
- Identify, discern, evaluate, and advise on risks, interdependencies, and any inhibiting obstacles regarding product development, integrations, release management, deployment, and support.
- Prepare and present audience-specific, clear, and concise communications, reports, and status updates on a regular basis throughout product development life cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or closely related technical discipline is required. Master’s degree in a Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or closely related discipline would be a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years’ professional full-time experiences in software engineering for large-scale, complex, and interrelated information technology systems and products within mid-sized to large organizations, and within an Agile environment.
- Proven knowledge, experiences, and accomplishments in new software product development and delivery required.
- Deep understanding of new product development cycles and processes related to software development, delivery, operationalization, and deployment.
- Knowledge of and experiences in development and integration of scalable and extensible software solutions, technical analysis and design, technical architectures, automated software testing and deployment, IT infrastructures and operations, data management, information security, data privacy regulations, and cloud-based infrastructure as code, servers, storage, and applications.
- Knowledge of and experience with tools and methods that help achieve the goals and ideals of agile software development frameworks, including skills and experiences with such tools and methods in any combinations of JIRA, Confluence, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, CI / CD, DevOps, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Gradle, Docker, ECR, and ECS.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with MarkLogic would be a differentiating plus.
- Knowledge of and prior experience with any combination of Atypon / Literatum products and services, Docebo, Content Controller, and Magento would be helpful, but not required.
- Prior experiences with or current interests in projects and products in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Search Engines, Knowledge Management, Data Management, and Open Source would be a plus, but not required.
- Excellent skills in audience-specific communications (written and verbal), collaboration, adaptability, diplomacy, relationship management, and interactions with senior leadership, business stakeholders, and technology teams.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, logical reasoning, advising, influencing, detail-orientation, information-synthesizing, problem-solving, task management, and leadership skills.
- Background or interest in mission-driven science-focused organizations, startup software development environments, publishing organizations, or nonprofit associations would be a plus.
- Continuous learning and professional development related to trends, markets, technologies, innovations, and best practices in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, and Artificial Intelligence, with proven ability to learn and integrate new knowledge quickly and effectively.
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors