Centurion Consulting Group
Software Development Engineer Remote, Remote
We are looking to hire a remote Software Development Engineer.
The Senior Software Development Engineer is a Full-Stack Engineer and participates in the full life cycle of software product development – including systems analysis, technical design, development, implementation, testing, and CI / CD. You will be responsible for both backend development and UI development. The projects primarily focus on new product development for our portfolio of Research Data Products that are enabled and powered by Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Search Engines, and Knowledge Management technologies.
You will be a partner and collaborator within cross-functional and multidisciplinary technical teams and product management teams working with Principal Solutions Architect, UI / UX designers, software development engineers, IT operations and security engineers, infrastructure and platform managers, business analysts/project managers, Chemistry subject-matter experts, product managers, and external IT vendors and service providers. You will be an engaging, forward-looking, and mission-driven participant in practicing agile, customer-focused, and learning-based approaches to product development initiatives that aim to bring new products and new releases to the market in 9- to 12-month cycles. You bring not only solid and current technical knowledge, technical fluency, and technical experiences in full-stack software engineering, but also a passion for and interest in contributing those expertise and skills to transformative and far-reaching scientific and social impacts.
- Learn and understand the organizations visions and roadmaps for new products and their future releases as well as the in-production products within the portfolio of data products.
- Develop and maintain in-depth and current knowledge and understanding of the IT infrastructures, enabling technologies, data and contents, development and deployment environment, policies, procedures, and best practices that support and facilitate product development, product delivery, release management, and product operations/support within the organization.
- Develop and continuously strengthen excellent and collaborative relationships with technology leaders and colleagues as well as external vendors and service providers.
- Develop and enhance high-quality, customer-resonating, scalable, and extensible software solutions by studying and analyzing strategic product roadmaps, scopes and timelines, business requirements, end-user/customer journeys, user stories, UI designs, solutions architecture, data and information systems, data and content flows, and product integration and operationalization requirements.
- Partner with the Principal Solutions Architect, and contribute to and advise on solutions architecture, systems analysis and technical designs, and architectural and technical design documents.
- Serve as solution architect on a product or product feature as requested by Principal Solutions Architect.
- Function within an Agile environment and CI / CD pipelines while utilizing JIRA, Confluence, Docker, AWS cloud solutions (ECS, ECR, etc.), coding standards, and relevant industry standards to facilitate effective software development and testing, software delivery and deployment, requirements tracking, completion of assigned product backlog items, and resolution of bug fixes.
- Participate in and advise on project planning, sprint planning, sprint check-ins, technical solutions and architecture reviews, code reviews, and evaluation and selection of vendors and enabling technologies.
- Serve as coach, mentor, and code reviewer for software development engineers, and provide guidance for their career progressions towards senior engineer levels.
- Identify, discern, evaluate, and advise on risks, interdependencies, and any inhibiting obstacles regarding product development, integrations, release management, deployment, and support.
- Prepare and present audience-specific, clear, and concise communications, reports, and status updates on a regular basis throughout product development life cycles.
- Participate in and advise on RFI and RFP processes for evaluation and selection of technology products, vendors, and professional services firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or closely related technical discipline is required. Master’s degree in a Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or closely related discipline would be a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years’ professional full-time experiences in software engineering for large-scale, complex, and interrelated information technology systems and products within mid-sized to large organizations, and within an Agile environment.
- Proven knowledge, experiences, and accomplishments in new software product development and delivery required.
- Deep understanding of new product development cycles and processes related to software development, delivery, operationalization, and deployment.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with MarkLogic would be a differentiating plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with tools and methods that help achieve the goals and ideals of agile software development frameworks, including skills and experiences with such tools and methods in any combinations of JIRA, Confluence, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, CI / CD, DevOps, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Gradle, Docker, ECR, and ECS.
- Knowledge of and experiences in IT infrastructures and operations, systems analysis and designs, architectures of infrastructures and software solutions, data management, information security, data privacy regulations, software development and integration, coding and code reviews, automated software testing and deployment, and cloud-based infrastructure as code, servers, storage, and applications.
- Prior experiences with or current interests in projects and products in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Search Engines, Knowledge Management, Data Management, and Open Source would be a plus, but not required.
- Excellent skills in audience-specific communications (written and verbal), collaboration, adaptability, diplomacy, relationship management, and interactions with senior leadership, business stakeholders, and technology teams.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, logical reasoning, advising, influencing, detail-orientation, information-synthesizing, problem-solving, task management, and leadership skills.
- Background or interest in mission-driven science-focused organizations, startup software development environments, publishing organizations, or nonprofit associations would be a plus.
- Continuous learning and professional development related to trends, markets, technologies, innovations, and best practices in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, and Artificial Intelligence, with proven ability to learn and integrate new knowledge quickly and effectively.
Our tech stack and engineering environment include the following:
- SpringBoot, Node.js
- Apache Nifi, NoSQL, MarkLogic, Tableau, AWS, Ping Federated Authentication
- AI / Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Knowledge Management technologies
- DevOps, CI/CD, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Gradle, Docker, ECR, ECS
Clearance: Able to obtain a clearance
US Citizenship required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors