Centurion Consulting Group
Software Engineer Herndon, VA
We are seeking a Software Engineer to be part of a dynamic team in Herndon, VA.
• Define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications
• Also responsible to research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
• Works under general supervision, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goal
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks and may lead and direct the work of others.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required
• Learn new technologies continuously and apply as appropriate to the design and development of software projects
• Communicate effectively with team members, internal clients, and external clients regarding project goals/status, project support, and technology capabilities
• Develop aviation domain knowledge continuously to further knowledge across the company and to add insight on projects
• Preparation and editing of technical reports, papers, and presentations
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field or related discipline with 0-4+ years’ experience
• Candidate must possess strong analytical and programming skills using object-oriented programming
• Candidate should demonstrate a good ability to think through complex issues and should be able to work well in a fast-paced team environment
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Candidate must be able to pass a background investigation and to obtain a Position of Public Trust designation
• Human factors/UI development experience
• Experience in the Linux environment
• Experience with J2EE
• Experience using the Atlassian development tools
• Continuous development (Eclipse, Maven, SVN)
• Mobile app expertise
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors