Back to all jobs
Centurion Consulting Group
Centurion is looking to hire a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer with strong system administration skills to be part of a dynamic team. The Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer will work in an collaborative environment that fosters advanced research, concept exploration, product development and support and interaction with the nation’s leading subject matter experts.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Provide technical leadership through the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and solve complex technical problems across multiple technical disciplines
- Follow Systems Engineering processes to develop technical solutions to engineering problems, ensuring customer and stakeholder requirements are satisfied
- Perform site reliability engineering functions such as assessing standards, practices, technologies, and ecosystems, making recommendations for improvements and in support of going forward strategies, and facilitating implementation tasks
- Develop Systems Engineering artifacts across the product development lifecycle.
- Develop and document best practices/procedures, risk assessments, contingency planning, and disaster recovery & business continuity planning
- Write Linux RPM/YUM processes – building new packages, maintaining/updating existing packages and managing software distribution repositories
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Cisco Switches, Kemp Load Balancers and FortiGate Firewalls
- System optimization of complex configurations through performance tuning and resource optimization
- Development of multifaceted shell scripts and reverse engineering of existing scripts and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics related discipline
- At least 7 years of experience with the following:
- Linux – Red Hat and CentOS required
- Advanced Linux shell and BASH scripting experience is required
- VMWare or Nutanix
- Switches, routers and/or firewalls
- Experience in the engineering of enterprise level information technology systems and solutions including needs analysis, alternatives analysis, technical requirements development, and solution implementation
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and on a team under pressure with a high level of attention to detail and confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to use learned skills and expertise to support more junior colleagues
- Candidate should have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Experience with the following:
- Red Hat or Cisco certifications a plus
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with writing and deployment of Linux RPM/YUM processes Interest and/or experience in the Aviation industry with an understanding of Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) highly desired but not required.
US Citizenship or authorization to work in the US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors