Centurion Consulting Group
Sr. IT Product & Platform Operations Engineer Remote, Remote
We are looking to hire a Senior IT Product and Platform Operations Engineer for a hybrid role in Washington, DC.
The Senior IT Product & Platform Operations Engineer position has operations engineering and support responsibilities across the Organization. Your primary responsibilities will be product operationalizations, integrations, deployment, and release management for new products launches and new releases within an agile product development environment. Your role will also have secondary responsibilities providing post-release operations oversight, monitoring, and Level-2 support for in-production products.
Partnering and collaborating with technical teams across the organization – working with solutions architects, software developers, IT operations and security engineers, infrastructure and platform managers, business analysts/project managers, and external vendors and service providers – you will be analyzing, planning, executing, managing, documenting, advising on, and reporting on all aspects of operationalizing and releasing new products as well as supporting in-production products. You will be an engaging, forward-looking, and mission-driven participant in practicing agile, customer-focused, and learning-based approaches to product development initiatives that aim to bring new products and new releases to the market in 9 to 12 months cycles. Moreover, you will not only bring to our team solid and current technical knowledge, technical fluency, and technical experiences in order to facilitate and enable effective relationship management, cross-functional and multidisciplinary collaborations, product deliveries, and technical support for products, but also a passion for and interest in contributing your expertise and skills to transformative and far-reaching scientific and social impacts.
- Learn and understand the teams strategic visions and roadmaps for new products and their future releases as well as the in-production products.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the IT infrastructures, enabling technologies, data and contents, development and deployment environment, policies, procedures, and best practices that support and facilitate product development, product delivery, release management, and product operations/support.
- Develop and continuously strengthen excellent relationships with technology leaders and colleagues.
Partner and collaborate very closely with technology teams across the organization to coordinate, advise on, and contribute to the implementation, quality assurance, process development and improvement, policy compliance, and any risk mitigations for the following:
- The required infrastructures and platforms (both on-premise and cloud) for new products;
- Inter-systems integrations, including content delivery and data management mechanisms across platforms and products;
- Systems and information security against cybersecurity threats and data privacy violations;
- Release management and deployment plans for new product launches and for future releases of previously-launched products;
- Site reliability, business continuity, and disaster recovery;
- Platform and applications migrations.
- Identify, discern, evaluate, and advise on risks, interdependencies, and any inhibiting obstacles regarding product operationalization, integrations, release management, deployment, and support.
- Assess, recommend, advocate for, and advise on tools, methods, and best practices that enable and support an agile product development environment, including the maximized leveraging and optimized utilization of existing tools, methods, and best practices.
- Contribute to and advise on testing plans and processes for product launches and future releases.
- Participate in and contribute to the efforts of other technical and project teams, and serve as the representative and advocate for projects and initiatives that impact the technical operations and integration of products.
- Provide systems administration, operational problem-solving, and Level 2 end-user/customer support.
- Manage the timely and effective assessment, escalations, and resolutions of any product-related technical issues as reported by end-users/customers and business stakeholders and provide adequate and clear follow-ups and communications.
- Prepare and present audience-specific, clear, and concise communications, plans, schedules, reports, and status updates on a periodic basis.
- Develop and establish excellent relationships with external technology vendors and service providers.
- Organize and manage all plans, reports, logs, and documents in exceptionally detail-oriented, clear, well-categorized, and well-organized ways on appropriate sites such as JIRA, Microsoft Teams, Confluence.
- Participate in and advise on RFI and RFP processes for evaluation and selection of technology products, vendors, and professional services firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or closely related technical discipline is required. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or closely related discipline would be a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years’ full-time professional experiences in the combined areas of software integrations, operations, deployment, and release management for large-scale, complex, and interrelated IT platforms and products within mid-sized to large organizations, and within an Agile environment.
- Knowledge, experiences, and accomplishments in new product development and delivery required.
- Deep understanding of new product development cycles and processes related to software development, operationalization, deployment, systems administration, and end-user / customer / operations support.
- Knowledge of and experience with tools and methods that help achieve the goals and ideals of agile software development frameworks, including skills and experiences with such tools and methods in any combinations of JIRA, Confluence, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, CI / CD, DevOps, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Gradle, Docker, and AWS ECR & ECS.
- Knowledge of and experiences in IT infrastructures and operations, architectures, data management, information security, data privacy regulations, development and integration of scalable and extensible software solutions, automated software testing and deployment, and cloud-based infrastructure as code, servers, storage, and applications.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with MarkLogic would be a differentiating plus.
- Knowledge of and prior experience with any combination of Atypon / Literatum products and services, Docebo, Content Controller, and Magento would be helpful, but not required.
- Prior experiences with or current interests in projects and products in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Search Engines, Knowledge Management, Data Management, and Open Source would be a plus, but not required.
- Excellent skills in audience-specific communications (written and verbal) and presentation, meeting facilitation, collaboration, adaptability, diplomacy, relationship management, and interactions with senior leadership, business stakeholders, and technology teams.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, logical reasoning, advising, influencing, detail-orientation, information-synthesizing, problem-solving, project management, and leadership skills.
- Background or interest in mission-driven science-focused organizations, startup software development environments, publishing organizations, or nonprofit associations would be a plus.
- Continuous learning and professional development related to trends, markets, technologies, innovations, and best practices in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, and Project Management, with proven ability to learn and integrate new knowledge quickly and effectively.
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors