Centurion Consulting Group
Sr Java Developer Spring Windsor Mill, MD
We are hiring a Senior Java/Spring Software Developer for a multi year federal program in Baltimore, MD. The Senior Java/Spring Software Developer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience. The candidate will provide hands-on experience with enterprise software development, integration, implementation, test automation, and SOA/Microservice architecture to a cross-functional software development team. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation with Java, JEE platform, Spring Framework, Microservice architecture, REST, USDS Plays, and SQL/Data Modelling. Front-end development experience is a plus, such as Angular, Typescript, Web Content Accessibility, and UX.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new innovative technologies, research & author expert recommendations in whitepapers, and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will play a key role in enhancing modern applications or modernizing legacy applications leveraging cloud computing, DevOps, or Big Data technologies.
Key Required Skills: Java EE, Spring Framework, Agile development, relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle), and SOA/Microservice architecture
• Excellent knowledge of Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
• Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework (Boot, REST, Security, Data)
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (Hibernate, Spring JDBC, JPA)
• Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium)
• An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
• Preferred experience with API development & monitor tools (Ready API, Swagger, Splunk, Dynatrace)
• Preferred experience with delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
• Preferred experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift / Kubernetes, and Docker containers
• Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
• Preferred experience with building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (Angular, React, Node, Typescript, Bootstrap)
Education: Bachelors +7 years minimum experience.
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors