Centurion Consulting Group
Sr Java Developer with Strong Kafka Remote
We are hiring a Sr Java Developer with Strong Kafka skills for a multi year long term federal program engagement in the Baltimore, MD area, working 100% remotely.
- Design and develop applications from the functional requirements.
- Design and develop key application components as microservices by adapting the Twelve-Factor Application Methodology using Spring Boot, Java and RESTful architecture.
- Create POCs, templates for developing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) test framework for the APIs using Cucumber, Gherkin, and Java.
- Create Maven build scripts to automate the build process.
- Use the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nexus, UCD to version control, build, store artifact, and deploy the software projects.
- Use MS Project, Visio and IT Governance Frameworks to document the solution architecture & develop UML based design documents.
- Develop unit test cases for every possible Java class with real scenarios using Junit, Mockito and PowerMock frameworks.
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies.
- Extensive development skills using latest Spring Framework and Spring Security.
- Strong design and development experience with Kafka and Kafka Stream Processing technologies.
- Strong Hands-on working experience with AWS Technologies including S3 and Lambda.
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology and tools including VersionOne/Agility.
- Strong Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Extensice Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
- Experience with PaaS offerings such as Red Hat OpenShift and Docker.
- Strong working experience with Eclipse development tools and Tomcat server.
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities in web applications and addressing them.
- Strong communication and documentation skillDesired Skills:
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
Master’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in a training-related field
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors