Centurion Consulting Group
Sr Java Spring MVC Windsor Mill, MD
We are hiring for a Java Developer that can serve in one or two technical roles: Sr Java Spring MVC or Struts & Spring Boot/Angular 2.0 + development. Opportunity is for a multi-year federal program in Baltimore, MD. The Java Developer shall have experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. Has prime accountability for detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
Key Required Skills: Java, Spring Boot/ Spring MVC Struts and Angular 2.0 or higher
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring MVC or Struts & Spring Boot
- Good understanding of Hibernate, JPA and JDBC
- Good understanding of OOPS, Twelve Factor Application Design principles, architecture styles and APIs (Web API/Rest API)
- Develop applications using Java/Spring Boot and design and develop database components using PostgreSQL DB or Oracle as needed for application.
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Git, BitBucket, Maven, Jenkins automation
- Understand and leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing etc.)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, Java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience with developing applications using Node.JS
- Familiarity with Redis
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Messaging, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, VisualVM/Eclipse Profiler (Java performance monitoring tool), Amazon Web Services (S3),BDD (Cucumber or similar)
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Work in DevOps Environment.
- Experience with Linux environments.
- Participate in daily scrum and provide updates.
- Excellent communication and written skills
Education: Bachelors Degree plus 3+ years of experience.
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors