Centurion Consulting Group
Sr PostgreSQL DBA Windsor Mill, MD
We are hiring for a highly motivated Senior PostgreSQL DBA to provide database development expertise and hands on implementation of the application using the latest open-source server-side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products accessing an AWS RDS/PostgreSQL database. The candidate will be collocated with the government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Database and Infrastructure Team working with other Agile development teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Database Engineers, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop and administer the database architecture.
Key Required Skills: PostgreSQL 11 and 12 pgAdmin 4.8, Scripting, Query Tuning, CI/CD
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines and Database/Schema as Code tools and approaches. 8+ years
- PostgreSQL 11 and 12 pgAdmin 4.8 – 3+ years
- Strong SQL for database query and data updates in Production
- Analyze database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to database designs, naming standards, design standards, data conversions, and documentation.
- Experience analyzing and tuning queries to improve query performance.
- Hands-on experience with scripting to automate database changes/baselines including bash, pgplsql, or groovy (Jenkins).
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance and administration of PosgtreSQL and configuration within AWS RDS.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to collaborate effectively with customers and other team members.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and to pay attention to detail.
- Experience with large enterprise solutions including but not limited to high availability, disaster recovery, and data management.
- Hands-on experience and in depth knowledge of AWS database offerings (e.g. RDS, Aurora, and Dynamo).
- Experience with transforming data from Legacy databases into archival data stores.
- Experience developing databases with an Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD tools and scripting.
- Experience with Liquibase and LiquiGen plug-in.
- Experience with Replication and Change Data Capture (CDC) techniques and tools.
- Experience with data conversion and management strategies
- Experience with database partitioning and micro-services
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with RedHat Linux and Windows 10.
- Experience with source code versioning with Git, Bitbucket, or other source control tools.
Education: Bachelors +7 years professional experience
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors