Centurion Consulting Group
Sr. System Administrator Gaithersburg, MD
We are hiring a System Application Administrator to join Infrastructure Support Team. The right candidate will be responsible for keeping Windows based applications, systems, and services up and running at all times. The candidate will also be responsible for deploying, upgrading, patching, maintaining, and backing-up these applications and systems.
• Support application, middleware, web systems, performance monitoring, analysis and tuning.
• Support scheduling, queue management, helpdesk, and troubleshooting functions.
• Make decisions that affect several teams and influence a function.
• Assure technical, project schedules, and provide quality customer support.
• Deploy, troubleshoot, maintenance and backup of .Net and Java based applications and their code
• Configure IIS and Apache Tomcat to support applications for present and future growth
• Configure secure connectivity from application environments to our clients
• Encrypt internal and external domain application connections
• Patch application and database software as needed and on a scheduled rotation
• Develop scripts and automate repeatable processes
• Provide Tier 2 support to application users
• Fully support yearly Disaster Recovery exercise
• Manage Remote Application portal for front-facing web users
• Support Active Directory users, groups, and domain name services
• Request, manage, and deploy SSL certificates across application environments
• Standup a self-signed certificate authority
• Maintain a TIBCO environment
• Create and maintain Documentation of system processes and troubleshooting steps
• Participating in meetings with technical teams and with system owners
• Work with senior technical support on efforts of regular external contacts to exchange information/resolve problems and mitigate risk of vulnerabilities.
• Contribute to the development of new concepts and improves existing techniques.
• Serve as support and provides technical guidance to cross functional teams; responsible for end results.
• Present status, technical insight, and solution alternatives on projects.
• Address Security vulnerabilities and Security Controls
• Experience with several application environments and systems, including but not limited to web applications, 3-tier applications, middleware administration, and operational systems maintenance in a SQL Server or Oracle environment. Experience in information systems development, functional and data requirements analysis, systems analysis, and program design.
• Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016
• Web and Application Servers: IIS 8.5/10, Apache Tomcat 7/8/9
• Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016
• Scripting: PowerShell/VBScript/Batch/SQL
• Ticketing Systems: CARTS/Remedy
• Windows Scheduled Tasks
• Microsoft Remote Apps
• Active Directory
• SSL Certificates and Channel/Ciphers protocols
• Oracle 12c and client tools
• TIBCO Business Works 5.13
• Possess installation, configuration and operational experience with COTS packages
• On-call or out of hours work is required.
• Possess configuration and administration experience with VMWare
• Possess configuration and operational experience with the Cisco CITRIX virtualization suite, including XenAPP, XenServer and XenClient.
Education: Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors