Centurion Consulting Group
UI/UX Designer Remote
We are hiring a UI/UX Designer in Washington, DC with an opportunity to work Remote.
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated UI/UX Designer/Developer who will collaborate and work alongside designers, front-end developers in modernizing websites, as well as other microsites and applications. The candidate should have an eye for design and technical expertise in the following areas: UI/UX design, low-high-fidelity prototype, HTML, CSS, and other emerging website developer technologies. The candidate will report to the Senior Manager of Digital Design/Development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 4+ years of related experience.
- Portfolio that shows example of projects or personal work, including but not limited to sketches, wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, open source project contributions.
- Knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles and techniques.
- Transform findings into relevant and impactful HCD and UX artifacts that can support product collaboration & decision-making, including personas, journey maps, wireframes, and user stories.
- Ability to iterate through conceptual ideas and effectively communicate conceptualizations using sketches, wireframes, user flows, and interactive prototypes.
- Expertise with UI design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, UXPin, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
- Ability to design, develop, and maintain effective design that aligned with the company brand.
- Ability to work collaboratively with UX designers, developers, project managers, and cross-functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals
- Working knowledge of SASS and LESS
- Be proficient with web standards, cross-browser compatibility, responsive design, and progressive enhancement strategies (mobile first mentally)
- Familiarity with various UX research tools, Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Experience with the use of Agile practices/methodologies (e.g. Scrum, etc)
- Knowledge in WCAG 2.0 AA and Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize and self-direct to get things done
- Detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and teamwork
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors