Centurion Consulting Group
UI/UX Washington, DC
We are looking to hire a UI/UX designer in Washington, DC. The goal of the UI/UX/CX Designer is to support prototype development for new research data products. The UI/UX/CX Designer should have strong knowledge of current digital design trends, UI/UX design fundamentals, and contemporary prototyping tools/technologies to support quick, iterative prototype development. This position will collaborate with colleagues within the New Product Innovation team to translate high-level business needs/visions into prototypes that can be used as a path to confirm the value proposition in the marketplace as well as to be subsequently leveraged in technical implementations. The UI/UX/CX Designer will work closely with external vendors, colleagues across IT, others in the Innovation team, and the Division’s Sales and Marketing teams. This position reports to the Technology Manager, New Product Innovation.
- Utilize best practices, advanced knowledge, and solid experience to develop high-quality graphic designs, user flows, wire frames, low-fidelity mockups, high fidelity visual designs, and interactive prototypes to ensure products deliver an engaging, intuitive, and optimal user experience and meet key stakeholder expectations.
- Employ customer/market research outcomes for improving user interface designs.
- Analyze prototype performance and determines UI/UX design optimizations.
- Partner with development teams and product teams to continually maintain a cohesive design and user experience throughout the NPI product lines.
- Ensure effective management of visual and interactive creative assets, including all content within NPI’s digital design eco-system.
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior-level team members as needed.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Software Development, or a related discipline.
- 7+ years’ experience in design, development, and optimization of public facing user interfaces.
- The candidate should provide examples of their high-quality UI/UX design portfolio that showcase the their ability to tell a story and can illustrate their experience.
- Passion for technology: Knowledge of emerging trends and/or open-source tools and technologies.
- Experience working within enterprise design teams preferred.
- eCommerce experience preferred.
- Solid experience with software development lifecycles as well as scrum/agile and waterfall development methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and an ability to document and communicate UI/UX design concepts in both business and technical terms.
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders, internal resources, and third-party vendors.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Collaborative working style, effective at working with cross-functional teams and supporting colleagues to produce high quality products.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEOE M/F/D/V
No third parties or subcontractors